In our fifth annual Foodie Issue, we investigated just how the Bull City takes its drink. From discovering our strong coffee culture to a discussion with some of Durham’s well-known bartenders to advice from North Carolina’s only certified Master of Wine, this issue highlights the prominent beverage side of the South’s Tastiest Town.
The September 2014 issue also includes:
- Beer Advocates – Homebrewers share their favorite local beers
- Order Up – 11 new restaurants you’ve got to try
- How They Live – Amanda Smith‘s downtown rooftop terrace
- Fall Fashion Accessories
- Central Command – Durham’s LGBTQ center is slated to open next year
- The Durham Difference – An ALS diagnosis prompted Chris Rosati to start the Inspire Media Network
- Class Act – 18-year-old Alexandria Marrow owns her own baking company, Sweets by Alexandria
- The Dish – A blueberry pie and peach polenta cake from The Refectory Cafe
- Plus five events you can’t miss, weddings and engagements, our comprehensive dining guide and more.
The September issue, which is complimentary, can be found on newsstands at Sam’s Quik Shop, Whole Foods, The Regulator Bookshop, Parker and Otis, Foster’s Market, Guglhupf, Bull Street Gourmet & Market and others. Click HERE for a handy map.