2021 Visitors & Relocation Guide
Whether you're thinking about putting down roots in Durham or just visiting for the weekend, pick up a copy of the 2021 Visitors & Relocation Guide, which is filled with helpful resources – from school info to a look at our real estate market to an ultimate Durham checklist.
Here at Durham Magazine, our job is to put out a magazine aimed specifically at the residents of the city of Durham. But once a year we also produce a guide just for visitors and folks who are new to the area, and we have so much fun introducing these readers to all the wonderful things about our city.
This year's guide provides readers with everything there is to know about living here, from our schools and retirement centers to our dining and entertainment scenes. Visitors can flip through the pages for ideas of what to see and do while they're here, and relocators can use this publication's directories and pages of important phone numbers to make the transition to their new home a breeze. Click on the image above to view the guide in full. If you'd like a hard copy for yourself or out-of-town guests, stop by our office at 1777 Fordham Blvd., Ste. 105 in Chapel Hill to pick up a copy.
Welcome to Durham! We hope you enjoy it here.
Inside the Visitors & Relocation Guide:
- Need-to-know numbers
- The best of the Bull City, according to our readers' votes
- Overview of our real estate market plus a closer look at a few of our neighborhoods
- Photo essay with some of our favorite moments from the past year
- The ultimate Durham checklist
- A list of area vets, animal hospitals, rescues, boarders and groomers
- Directory of gyms and other fitness options
- A guide to area eateries
- Performing arts venues
- Museums and galleries
- Our business scene and resources for starting your own business
- A look at the colleges and universities in our area
- Directory of public, private, magnet and charter schools
- How Durham earned its title as the City of Medicine, plus our area's top dentists
- Directory of assisted living, continuing care, independent living, and 55 and older communities
- Spas and salons
- And more!