As was the case with our inaugural Women’s Issue, the toughest part in putting the publication together was choosing from the plethora of phenomenal women who live and work in Durham. Once again, we were struck by the dedication each one has to contributing to the growth of this community and the hard work, tough lessons and sacrifice that they’ve endured to get to where they are today. We hope that you’ll be as inspired as we were after reading their stories.
In addition to the 56 extraordinary women, the June/July 2014 issue includes:
- Get Out of Town – A few reasons to check out Hillsborough
- Retirement Guide – Our annual listing takes a look at the area’s best continuing care communities.
- Class Act – Three graduating Durham Public Schools seniors, each moving on to different futures
- The Drink – A top-quality German beer from Bar Lusconi
- The Dish – Harvest 18’s Pork belly lettuce wraps and shrimp and grits
- Plus a calendar of events, weddings and engagements, our comprehensive dining guide and more.
As always, let us know what you think about the issue – you can stay in touch with us via Twitter, Facebook, email, Pinterest, Google+ and Instagram.
The June/July issue, which is complimentary, can be found on newsstands at Sam’s Quik Shop, Whole Foods, The Regulator Bookshop, Parker and Otis, Foster’s Market, Guglhupf, Bull Street Gourmet & Market and others. Click HERE for a handy map.