This issue has literally gone to the dogs. We have devoted nearly 30 pages to content centered around Durham pups, from Great Danes to Beagles to Pugs and all the mixed breeds in between. By the time you’re finished flipping through the “Dogs of Durham” feature, we guarantee you’ll have a smile on your face and a greater appreciation for man’s best friend. And, you’ll have much more to read! The October/November issue also includes:
- Blessing of the Hounds – an annual hunting club event
- How They Live – Heather Garrett’s renovated loft
- A Very Durham Thanksgiving – A collection of locals’ favorite recipes
- The Durham Difference – Volunteer Alma Shertzer has sliced bread for Urban Ministries of Durham every week for the past decade
- Class Act – Spencer Smith can hit a 98 mph baseball
- Soundtrack of My Life – Dom Flemons, formerly of the Carolina Chocolate Drops
- The Dish – An appetizer not to miss from Pizzeria Toro
- The Drink – Think pink at West 94th St. Pub
- Plus five events you can’t miss, weddings and engagements, our comprehensive dining guide and more.
As always, let us know what you think about the issue – you can stay in touch with us via Twitter, Facebook, email, Pinterest, Google+ and Instagram.
The September issue, which is complimentary, can be found on newsstands at Sam’s Quik Shop, Whole Foods, The Regulator Bookshop, Parker and Otis, Foster’s Market, Guglhupf, Bull Street Gourmet & Market and others. Click HERE for a handy map.