The Carying Place Labor Day VIRTUAL Race For Home
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Cary, NC – The Carying Place Labor Day VIRTUAL Race For Home
Calling All Runners, Walkers, Families, Friends and Sponsors!
Start your Fall right with a Healthy Jump Start!
Friday, September 4th – Sunday, September 13th
A family friendly 10-day event with 5K, 10K, and Fun Mile races anywhere you want to run or walk! Kids 5 & under may participate for FREE but $10 donation suggested to support the Carying Place mission.
Our Mission: The Carying Place teaches homeless, working families with children life skills for attaining independent living while providing short-term housing and support services to address their individual needs. Our goal is to help these working homeless families achieve independent living through mentoring of volunteers providing weekly guidance in managing personal finances, seeking permanent affordable housing, and maintaining a job – preventing or breaking the cycle of homelessness. To date, we have worked with over 450 families with near 80% success.
In the past, the Labor Day Race for Home has provided the opportunity for over 600 racers and 50 volunteers to support the mission of The Carying Place and we look forward to reaching those same numbers – virtual style. All Race for Home proceeds go directly to help our families succeed!
- Online registration is currently open but closes on September 13th at 10am – REGISTER TOAY at www.LaborDayRaceforHome.org
- Anyone of any age, skill-level, or ability can participate in any race!
- All events are virtual (no chip-timed results)
- All results must be submitted by participants to be recorded
- All 10K and 5K registrants will receive a Race for Home shirt and finishers medal
- Refer Friends, Build a Team, Create a Charity Race Team and Fundraise for Prizes!
- Sign up and get over $150 in swag and race coupons! Yes, really!
- Virtual Race Sponsors are welcome at any time up to September 12th; benefits include social media and email marketing, unlimited registrations with your sponsor code (NOTE: All individuals using s sponsor code to register will receive a free finisher’s medal but only Presenting and Platinum Sponsor code users are eligible for the race medals and free t-shirt).
Come get healthy by benefiting the homeless working families and children of The Carying Place!
(Final information and updates will be emailed to all registered participants the week prior to the race)
The Carying Place, Inc., is a 501(c)(3) non-profit, Federal ID 58-2425452. NC State ID 98-317-9087.