Breaking into Hollywood: A Conversation with Asian American Creatives
Join the Duke Alumni Association for a conversation with distinguished Duke Asian American alumni in Hollywood. Hear from panelists working across the entertainment industry, as they share their career paths, creative processes and experiences at the intersection of representation, race and storytelling.
The panel will feature:
- Emmy-nominated writer/director Geeta V. Patel ’98 (The Great, The Mindy Project, Fresh Off The Boat)
- Actor Angela Zhou ’14 (Promising Young Woman, Hell on Wheels)
- Filmmaker King Lu ’15 (From June to July)
- Vice President of Marketing Strategy, Funimation/Sony Pictures Television Wenny Katzenstein MBA ’03
- Moderated by Daniel Kim ’21, aspiring screenwriter/filmmaker in the StudioDuke program and recipient of the Benenson Award in the Arts and Janet B. Chiang Grant for his screenplay, Hollywood Asian.