Bold Ideas for Equity: A State of Student U Event
Join us for a dynamic and interactive session where you will have the opportunity to shape Student U’s approach to solving the most critical needs facing education equity in Durham, NC. We are calling on our community to unleash their creativity and innovation to address the complex and multifaceted issue of equity in education. By working together, we can build a more just and equitable Durham for all students.
During the event, you will hear from key leaders at Student U and in North Carolina about the challenges facing our work and innovative solutions being developed, and be asked to bring your bold ideas to the table. Be a part of the solution, and come ready to dream fearlessly with us. We are confident that together, we can create a Durham where all students succeed.
You will have the opportunity to brainstorm and collaborate with other community members on one of the following topics selected by you:
- Teacher Training and Hiring; How can we ensure all students have access to great teachers? Facilitated by Elena Maina
- Mental Health and School Safety; How can we integrate wellness into all facets of a school or organization? Facilitated by Ashley Peters
- Staff Culture; How can an organization create a workplace culture that prioritizes staff wellness? Facilitated by Amy Salo
- Student and Family Engagement; How do we continue to maintain student and family engagement “post COVID”? Facilitated by Michelle Norwood
- Student- and Family-Led Advocacy; How can we amplify students’ voices to impact education policy on the state and local level? Facilitated by Connor Kirkfarmer
- Economic Mobility; How do we support our surrounding community to increase opportunities with The WG Pearson Center? Facilitated by Michelle Pric