The team at Durham Magazine wishes you and yours a very happy holiday season! It’s our hope that the December/January 2015 issue will offer a lot of inspiration during this magical time of year. Use our helpful Gift Guide to shop locally and find presents for everyone on your list. Have your spirits lifted as you read the uplifting responses from health care professionals on why they’ve dedicated their careers to helping others. Pore over photos of the cozy creative writer’s studio that graces our cover while gathering ideas for ways to fill your own personal space. And – if you’re recently engaged – spend some time reading the advice from three of our featured brides in our Wedding Guide. All that, plus:
- Soundtrack of My Life – With break-out duo Sylvan Esso
- Class Act – Sixth-grader Kiarra Truitt-Martin is a rising star at Kidznotes
- 5 Burning Questions – Theatre in the Park‘s Founder and Executive Director Ira David Wood III shares the history and future of A Christmas Carol, which celebrates its 40th anniversary this year
- The Dish – A game-day classic from Heavenly Buffaloes
- The Drink – Grown-up hot cider from Beyù Caffè
- Best Lawyers – Peer-reviewed listing of lawyers in the area
- Five events you can’t miss, weddings and engagements, our comprehensive dining guide and more.
The December/January 2015 issue, which is complimentary, can be found on newsstands at Sam’s Quik Shop, Whole Foods, The Regulator Bookshop, Parker and Otis, Foster’s Market, Guglhupf, Bull Street Gourmet & Market and others. Click HERE for a handy map.