You voted, we tallied. In this issue, we reveal the Best of Durham, according to you, for everything from chef to neighborhood, burger to teacher, landmark to event, and all that falls in between. More than 5,000 votes votes were cast in our annual reader poll, and we’re very excited to reveal the results. Pick up your copy today!
In addition to the Best of Durham results, the August 2014 issue includes:
- How They Live – Deborah Chay‘s prefabricated Watts-Hillandale digs
- Bull City Barbecue – Matt Dees‘ comprehensive guide to our ‘que joints
- Moments in Time – Buck Duke‘s modern baseball card
- The Durham Difference – Learn more about Project Graduation and its founder, Mary Holderness
- Class Act – Voyager Academy‘s Rising Starts
- Fall Arts Preview – Mark your calendar now for these upcoming performances
- Five Burning Questions – with Godi Godar Moteke Molanga, founder of Go Conscious Earth
- The Drink – Homemade berry soda from Old Havana Sandwich Shop
- The Dish – Bleu Olive‘s summertime gazpacho
- Plus five events you can’t miss, weddings and engagements, our comprehensive dining guide and more.
The August issue, which is complimentary, can be found on newsstands at Sam’s Quik Shop, Whole Foods, The Regulator Bookshop, Parker and Otis, Foster’s Market, Guglhupf, Bull Street Gourmet & Market and others. Click HERE for a handy map.